The 2023 cycle runs from August 15 – September 12, 2023.
The Community Foundation for Brevard uses a competitive grant process to award medical research grants from the Kenneth R. Finken and Dorothy Hallam Finken endowment fund and Frank R. Leslie endowment fund. The overall goal of the program is to support research in the fields of Alzheimer’s, cancer, and other pervasive diseases. Since the program’s inception in 2008, the Foundation has granted $877,000 to further advancements in medical research.
Generally, the program focus alternates each year between cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. In 2023, the program will focus exclusively on cancer research. Applications are reviewed and award recommendations are made by the Community Foundation’s Medical Research Advisory Committee. Funds are awarded through one grantmaking round.
At least 1 award up to $120,000 is expected to be available for the 2023 cycle.
PLEASE NOTE: The Community Foundation is not currently funding basic bench/science research projects.
The program’s 2023 priority is Cancer with the following equally important areas of focus:
- Social/behavioral interventions – Solving daily life issues experienced by cancer patients from diagnosis and beyond.
- Social/behavioral interventions – Delivery of care in support of family caregivers.
- Public health education and awareness – Prevention, screening, or treatment for cancer, particularly among underserved populations and/or underrepresented communities with a focus on at least one of the following: lung cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, or melanoma.
- Clinical education/evidence-based guidance – For healthcare professionals for all stages of cancer care.
Preference is given to requests that:
- Expand successful evidence based pilot programs to Brevard County.
- Demonstrate a collaborative effort with a focus on serving Brevard County residents.
- Collaborate with Brevard County entities engaged in the prevention, treatment, or care of cancer.
The Request for Proposals will be released in June.
Application Period: August 15 – September 12, 2023
GUIDELINES & APPLICATION INFO
- Please be sure to download the 2023 Request for Proposals to learn about the application requirements, restrictions, and the files required to be provided with your application.
- Applications and required attachments will only be accepted online. Portal information is provided in the Request for Proposals.
- Application is by invitation only.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Sewell, philanthropy manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!